In a class I teach for adults, I recently did the “unpardonable.”
最近在我执教的一个成人班级里,我干了一件“不可饶恕的”事情。
I gave the class homework!
我居然给班上的学生布置了一份家庭作业!
The assignment was to “go to someone you love within the next week and tell them you love them.
任务是“下周之内要走到你所爱的人面前,告诉他们你爱他。
It has to be someone you have never said those words to before
replica rolex,
此人必须是一位此前你从未对之说过此话的对象,
or at least haven''t shared those words with for a long time.”
或至少很久没有与他们交流过这些爱意盎然的话语了。”
At the beginning of our next class,
replica rolex,
第二次上课一开始,
I asked if someone wanted to share what happened when they told someone they loved them.
我就问:当你告诉别人你爱他/她时,结果怎样?有没有人愿意讲一讲?
I fully expected one of the women to volunteer6, as was usually the case,
我满心指望像平常一样,某位女士能自告奋勇,
but on this evening one of the men raised his hand.
但是这天晚上,一位男士举起了手。
He appeared quite moved and a bit shaken.
他看上去很受感动的样子,还有一点颤抖。
As he unfolded out of his chair(all 6 2" of him),
replica rolex,
当他从座椅上直起身来时(他身高6英尺2英寸),
he began by saying, Dennis, I was quite angry with you last week when you gave us this assignment.
“你瞧,5年前,我与父亲发生了激烈的争执,而且从此再也没有消除隔阂。
We avoided seeing each other unless we absolutely had to at Christmas or other family gatherings.
replica rolex,
我们互相回避,除非绝对必须出席圣诞节聚会或其他的家庭聚会。
But even then, we hardly spoke to each other.
但甚至在那些场合,我们彼此几乎也不说一句话。